Sunday, October 12, 2008

CRASH_RESONATE_TEETER TOTTER

Threw ought this project I gained knowledge of how make an animation. I learned that it is important to be familiar with exactly how long an action takes to be able to properly depict it. The key to achieving a realistic animation is a proper manipulation of the temporal elements.

The major difference between the story board and the film is how it is viewed. With a storyboard the frame durations are less important because in many cases it is implied. Certain movements and pauses need to have more consideration and attention paid to them in the film version. 

3 comments:

Simon said said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corie Chambers said...

I like the fact that the word "cymbal" is balanced on a pivot point, and the action is centered at that point. I think that you have come a long way since the first version that I saw in our small group critique. You solved the crash action in a better way than I had suggested in our critique.I don't know if this was intentional, but the remnants of the crash action show throughout the duration of the film, a bit of a craft issue. I am also wondering if the teeter totter could be slightly faster. I think of teeter totter, I think of something being off balance, which might imply a quicker movement.

Simon said said...

Indeed you got the good catch of the sense of your verbs. Although I saw your sketches and storyboards previously, I couldn't believe that you pulled it off nicely. However, there are few things I'm wondering after I watched the video. In the video right after the crash happened. How come there are a lot of broken piece from the cymbal? Later on when resonate and teeter totter happened. Somehow the cymbal cleaned off the broken pieces from previous? The other question is have you tried any type as such heavier weight typefaces or reshape the looking of the cymbal. Maybe making the cymbal looks more like a actual shape of cymbal. It is because I think the type is too condense and tall. anyways, nice job.