Friday, January 29, 2010

ProPractice_career goals


Career Goals
Justin Blake Barnett

After graduating from the Kansas City Art Institute I will be able to make my next career step of working at a design firm. There I will strive to become the art director, which will give me the experience needed to maintain my own design firm. I plan to grow my design company from the ground up, while instilling ethical and moral values at its core.
Before I graduate I will send my resume and portfolio to as many design firms as needed to insure that I will have a job after graduation. Working at an actual design company will allow me to improve my skills as a professional designer and my ability to communicate with clients. I will continue to do design work for people, outside of work, whenever I can. My goal at this new job is to become art director, continue to learn as I work, and do side jobs whenever possible.
Acquiring the position of art director will not be the end of my clime up the corporate ladder. I plan to be an excellent team leader and a respected mentor and teacher as art director, which could get me noticed and offered a job as senior partner. As I work toward that goal, I will continue to develop and expand my own design company volunteering after hours whenever possible.
            As I near the end of my senior year, I realize how close I am to accomplishing one of my life’s goals of graduating from college. Now the term “goals” has a new meaning to me. I no longer see them as distant hopes or dreams, but rather as the road to my apparent future.  

No comments: